Mileage and speakers

Kloth, Gerald gkloth at agnesscott.edu
Tue Feb 24 13:37:49 CST 2009

I have been on this list since I bought my b14 in September, 1997.  I read the digest, so I am usually behind when it comes to topics.  The car just turned 337,000 miles last week.  It is mostly original, even the water pump!  By the time I put it on the track at the convention, it will be close to 340,000.  It only failed me once, around 50,000 miles, when the OEM battery shorted out and blew the alternator.

David, if you read this in time, Crutchfield electronics ( www.crutchfield.com) sells stuff that you need in many different price ranges.  They send along instructions and diagrams specific to your vehicle and include all the connectors to make everything plug-and-play.  I think they also have a "hot-line" if you get into it and have problems.

Jerry Kloth
Old guy on the Forums