Tire plugging

Frey, Richard K rfrey at iupui.edu
Mon Oct 29 12:30:05 CDT 2007

Hi George,

I am surprise to hear the man who first gave me the heads up on this
list and has taught me so much over the years ask this question.

Tire plugging is super easy if that's all you want.  I did a tire on my
truck 5 years ago and still no problems.  This is a 75 chevy stepside I
drive to lowe's and back every other weekend.  Just get the kit from
your local auto parts store and follow the simple directions.

If the tire is a daily driver you might want to step up to an
inside/outside patch that needs the tire off the rim to do.  It is a
superior patch and if my loved ones were to be in the car, I'd do it
this way.  Several tire shops in the Indy area do this for free if you
bring the tire in.  You of course have to pay for the wheel balance
afterwards but still a bargain.  Ask around.

I have always loved this list and learned so much even though I have
never owned a Nissan.

rick frey