Starter problems

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sat Apr 1 10:32:05 CST 2006

As far as starter problems go, because of my past experience, I always
recommend taking a serious look at the electrical wiring responsible.
Especially the engine grounds.
I had a similar problem, and noticed the car would start more often when
the engine bay was wet.
All of my engine grounds were ka-put.
Instead of using the battery pack, try taking some jumper cables and
connecting the engine block to the chassis, effectively grounding the
engine. Then see if it starts every time. If so, you should replace the
engine groud by the thermostat at the very least.
If that doesn't change things, you might try replacing the starter
switch like John Heer said. Though, it may be a bad starter.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R