Front End Slack

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Sat Apr 10 11:16:42 CDT 2004

> Recently it seems
> that when i take off i hear a small "squeak" coming from the front maybe
right
> side of the car. I can tell there is slack somewhere ( almost as if the
axle
> turns about an inch before the wheels turn). I was wondering if anyone
knew the
> cause of this and if there is anything i can do to fix it.

I'm not trying to state the obvious here, but what do you mean by "take
off"?
Are you launching your car? Or rather, dumping the clutch somewhat? If so,
that would be the tires loosing grip with the asphault momentarily, creating
an audible "squeak" and not moving the car anywhere, which could be
improperly extrapolated as "slack" in the drivetrain.

Please elaborate.

> Thanks 96 200 sx
> se-r 18'' spinners

May I ask why you have 18 inch "spinners" on your car? Or why you have any
sized "spinners"?

Sorry for the length. I partially wrote extra to allow the message to post.

-Ben
1994 Black SE-R