Front End Slack

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Sat Apr 10 11:28:02 CDT 2004

Studposm36 at aol.com wrote:

> Recently it seems that when i take off i hear a small "squeak" coming from the
> front maybe right
> side of the car. I can tell there is slack somewhere ( almost as if the axle
> turns about an inch before the wheels turn).

Makes me think of one of a few things:

A) Your passenger side motor mount needs to be replaced.

B) You've got slack in the axle and maybe the center
     carrier bolts are loose.

C) Your passenger side CV is developing the play your referring to.

D) Your springs are lifting, causing them to unseat and
     squeak the spring gaskets.

> Thanks 96 200 sx se-r 18'' spinners

I'll try not to laugh or roll my eyes about spinners,
18" rims on an B14, or various other 'appearance mods'
that in no way, shape, or form, increase performance.

Peter
--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.