Suspension redo

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Tue Mar 2 08:54:35 CST 2004

Tait Parkin wrote:

> I would like to make use of the AGXs I currently have so I think that rules
> out some of the other options (TIEN and GC), I think.  Anyone have any
> tidbits of knowledge to pass on?

GC's run on AGX shocks no problem.  Also, the stock
GC kit is the same spring rate as the Gen II Hypercos.

GC costs $400, not including the C/C plates, and you
should really have the car cornerweighted, as with
*ANY* adjustable height coilover system.

I run the GC's over AGX shocks.  I would say
the AGX's won't last that long at this spring rate
after around a year+, I think mine are starting to
go, but then I could be wrong.  I'd give 2 years
tops for AGX's under GC's.  I'd *highly* recommend
either making your own shortened struts, or selling
the AGX's to someone and buying shortened struts.

But that's just my opinion after running AGX's for
a year+.

> BTW:  The car is running like a champ and sounds great with my *new*
> silencer (spiral flow), and welding in mandrel bends is hard to do upside
> down 7 inches off the floor :).  Next step in the spring cleaning is redoing
> my IC set-up.

BTW - if you just make a few tacks while it's in position
and take the mandrel bend setup off the car, it's much
easier to weld, and make sure your getting good clean
welds.  You can do almost as much just making marks
with a sharpie for alignment, but it's better to tack it in
place, IMHO.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>