Suspension redo

Tait Parkin tait at activemanagers.com
Tue Mar 2 08:33:17 CST 2004

So, when I was replacing the exhaust on my car I took a look at my
suspension components trying to diagnose further why my NX feels *funny*.
The first thing I noticed was the my ST front sway bar is definitely fubar,
the mounting points to the chassis have broken free of their welds and are
splayed open about half and inch, can't be good.  I figure I can get the bar
fixed, but conventional wisdom appears to be that the stock front bar is
better anyway...  I am also of the opinion that my shocks are shot.

I currently have parked on the shelf a set of new AGXs and my stock front
sway bar.  I have given some consideration to just slapping the stock sway
bar and the new shocks in, but I would also like to look into replacing the
Eibach pro-kits that I am currently using.  The Hyperco Gen2s have come well
recommended to me, any further opinions?  And any idea where to purchase
them?

I have done some searching on the net and came up empty on a place to
purchase them.  Any other springs I should be considering?  I would like to
make use of the AGXs I currently have so I think that rules out some of the
other options (TIEN and GC), I think.  Anyone have any tidbits of knowledge
to pass on?

Thanks folks,

Tait

BTW:  The car is running like a champ and sounds great with my *new*
silencer (spiral flow), and welding in mandrel bends is hard to do upside
down 7 inches off the floor :).  Next step in the spring cleaning is redoing
my IC set-up.