Suspension redo

Tait Parkin tait at activemanagers.com
Tue Mar 2 09:58:48 CST 2004

Peter said:

"GC's run on AGX shocks no problem.  Also, the stock
GC kit is the same spring rate as the Gen II Hypercos.

GC costs $400, not including the C/C plates, and you
should really have the car cornerweighted, as with
*ANY* adjustable height coilover system."

--- I will certainly look into GC.  It is too bad the Hypercos are
unavailable, that sounded like a simple choice.  Have to start hunting the
"for sale" sections for USED Hypercos or GC.  I don't feel like spending
$400+ on springs...  I may change my mind, but at that price wouldn't I be
better off selling the AGXs and my used Pro-kits and just buy the TIEN basic
set-up?  Wasn't there another 'basic' setup that was well thought of by the
b13 crowd?

"BTW - if you just make a few tacks while it's in position
and take the mandrel bend setup off the car, it's much
easier to weld, and make sure your getting good clean
welds.  You can do almost as much just making marks
with a sharpie for alignment, but it's better to tack it in
place, IMHO."

--- Oh, sure, now there's a voice of reason, lol.  I purchased a little MIG
welder and thought practicing on the exhaust would be a good idea before
tackling my IC pipes (again)...

I got it done, but it did take a while.  I did all of the welding off the
car with the exception of the 2 45 degree bends just before the muffler,
those were a bit tough.  In hindsight I should of used another flange and
just bolted the final section on, but I was clearly affected by the
Yuengling.  Still, all in all, I am very pleased.  I shortened the spool-up
time by about 400 RPM just by finally getting the exhaust right.  Not to
mention that it is significantly quieter than before.