GTi-R swap

Raymond Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 06:26:42 -0600

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:10:46 -0600, Ryan Le Gros wrote

> Bluebird is a good choice, they dont make as much horsepower and
> arent as bulletproof, but theyre easier and cheaper to find and
> install (and repair).

I haven't been following this thread so I don't know what the
original post was about nor who wrote it since you failed to quote
*ANYTHING* from the original sender.

Just to clarify, I think when you say "as much horsepower" you are
referring to using the stock BlueBird parts v. Stock GTi-R parts.
Swapping a few parts (injetctors, manifold, turbo, MAF, ECU program)
is all that is required to get more power from the bluebird motor.
As for not being as bulletproof, what?  I mean we have stock DE's
putting out 409WHP.  So how much less bulletproof are we talking
here.  A Bluebird turbo can make in the mid 200-250 whp range on
a DE and a GTi-R turbo on a DE can make low 300's.  The only
differences the DET's will give is lower compression to make
it safer to run higher boost on pump gas, piston squirters,
a better oil pump and maybe a few minor things I'm forgetting.

If his intent is just to get boost I don't see any reason not to
use a Bluebird.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski