Auto to 5 speed/Carfax

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:01:45 -0600

Well unless its an uber clean nx or a hard top nx....its hardly worth it
probaly.

While its basicly simple to do the swap there are a lot of little
things.  You will need a 5 speed crossmember, if you want to put the
dogbone mount on atleast.  Then find the dogbone mount, a dogbone also.
One good thing, you can source alot of the various things from
non-se-r's tho.  Shift linkage and shifter can be sourced from any b13.
Dont know for sure if the tranny mount is the same or the not from the
auto to 5 speed.  You will have to find a 5speed throttle body as its
TPS and hookups are different.  Guessing you would be picking up motor
from like soko...they almost always come with and auto throttlebody/tps
setup.  You will have to get a fly wheel, and all related things there.
Yes different ecu's, but pretty sure...dont take my word....that the
harness is the same.  As almost all the autos are electric controled it
has its own computer and harness for that.  Check passenger kickpanal
area to check for sure.  Pedals are different, but easy bolt in.  Source
a shifter boot and shifter mounting to the body.  Then the related
swtiches for the tranny.....wait.  There could be the main problem.
find someone with a 92 fsm, not sure if 93 is the same, and have them
check the harness layout's see if the harness has a place for the
neutral and reverse switches.  That is the only difference i can think
of.  If they hook up with the same plugs and stuff as the auto or if
that is a subharness....Jez you know???

Again unless its something special....its almost worth just finding a 5
speed and going from there as it will soon become a money pit and a time
pit.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)