end of an era...

Briancembor@aol.com Briancembor@aol.com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:15:25 -0600

Well, Wednesday at 8:15am the SE-R era ended for me..
courtesy of a mexican driving a conversion van into me!
i was in the far right lane of 3, he pulls out from opposite
side of road into the middle of 3 lanes adn then decides
to take a right turn into his apartment complex... only
problem was my car was there... and physics being
unbendable, my Classic lost the battle of mass and
momentum.

the Classic bounced(literally) off his left front, careened
over a curb into a concrete facade to the apartment complex
 entry. the car is a total loss. the DR FRT strut is bent
nearly at 90*. the control arm bracket/subframe is bent,
tranny has a hole the size of a quarter in it and the wheel
has about 15* negative camber, 5 caster, and 5 toe...

i am alright. my chest is sore from being so rigid during
impact ( i knew what was gonna happen but couldn't prevent it)
 and other various contusions but nothing serious. at least,
 so far, the other dude has insurance. however they did take
him to jail.. something to do with his mexican driver's license..
don't think it is valid in GA...

now i am looking at other SR powered cars, S13 240sx,
and miatas...

Brian Cembor
92 SE-R Black... RIP