Alternative to AGXes

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:36:51 -0600

>I'm looking around for alternative shocks.  What's the *second* best
>combination for the hyperco springs.  The AGX's are a little too steep for
>my wallet.  I've heard some talk of the Gen 2's?  Who makes them?  What's
>the general opinion on them?  What else would you guys recommend?  This
>is for my daily driver so i don't need anything radical.  Thanks

If you can't afford shocks like AGXes, I would wait to install the Hyperco
springs until you can. Or get the shocks first and save for the springs later.
I am surprised to hear that GR2s dyno the same as AGXes on the lowest
settings. I am skeptical, but if it's been dynoed then there it is. One thing
to keep in mind is that the Hyperco springs will wear out shocks a good
bit faster than soft OE springs, and with GR2s when they're worn out it's
time to replace them, whereas with AGXes you can jsut turn them up
another click or two.

	David