seeing through the catalytic converter?

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:59:10 -0500

At 11:20 AM 7/31/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I just took off my stock, 100k+ miles cat.  I'm curious how much you guys can
>see through a good cat.  Looking through mine, I can only see light through
>what seems to be about a 1/2" diameter hole.  Both of the mesh screens still

Sounds like a good, healthy one.  The passages are small and long enough
that you can only see down the few you're looking directly at.  But if you
can see through all of it (given the correct viewing angle) and it's not
melted down or cracked and rattling, it should be OK.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '93 SE-R - '92 SE-R parts car