ECU codes with new C2 cams

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:47:04 -0600

Hey guys,

On a customer's car, I just installed JWT C2 cams,
valve springs, retainers, and a JWT ECU with the C2/C3
program.

After starting the car, I get the two following codes
from ECU:

95, 25, and 77, which are for the AAC valve circuit,
crankshaft sensor, and rear O2 sensor.

I reset the ECU several times and the codes continue
to reappear.  The car has a test pipe with the rear O2
sensor still in place. Before this ECU went in, I
never got an MIL for the rear O2 sensor.

I had JWT disable the rear O2 sensor and now I get a
code for the rear O2 sensor. I remember reading that
JWT has not perfected the process of disabling the
rear O2 sensor.

My theory is that the car lopes so much to the point
that the ECU thinks the car is misfiring and I am
getting an MIL.  Turning the idle adjustment screw on
the AAC valve barely affects the idle speed at all
anymore.

Can anyone comment or share info about this? Perhaps
other have run into the same issues with the C series
cams and JWT ECU.

By the way, this is a 1995 200SX, OBDII.

Thanks,

=====
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL