traffic ticket in a parking lot, VA readers be careful!

Jason Garrett Young jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:20:09 -0500

UPDATE

I was a little nervous about beating this ticket because in VA, it's simply
a "he said, she said" style of traffic court.

I went to court.  Have way thru the proceedings, the officer lied in court
and said that I lost control of my vehicle, swerving side to side and that I
almost ran into his vehicle  (complete OVER OVER the line of lies from a
cop)  This couldn't be further from the truth.

This actually worked to my advantage.  I got so angry after he said that,
that it was obvious that it enraged me.  I  took this opportunity to make it
seem that he was truly just making it up.  I asked him in detail many
questions the situation, and got him so twisted in the subject that even the
judge acknowledged that the cop had changed his story.

Even the lawyers were laughing at the rediculousness of the ticket.    (not
mine, I represented myself)

Case dismissed

my only regret is that in my only attempt to truly beat the ticket, I had to
make the cop look like an ass in front of his peers........as long as this
doesn't come back to haunt me for going 26 in a 25, I'll be fine.

I've quit driving that sentra in town and am driving the other sentras and
the q45 for a few months.......watch me get a ticket for rolling on dubs now

haha

JGY, no longer giving money to any of those cop funds that give you the
stickers to put on your cars, it doesn't help at all

> non se-r, but funny and a little scary too......

> I'm leaving a restaurant (no alcohol involved, sorry guys) and go from
that