traffic ticket in a parking lot, VA readers be careful!

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:32:30 -0500

Jason Garrett Young wrote:

>I  took this opportunity to make it seem that he was truly just making it
>up.  I asked him in detail many questions the situation, and got him so
>twisted in the subject that even the judge acknowledged that the cop had
>changed his story.

    <snip>

>Case dismissed

>my only regret is that in my only attempt to truly beat the ticket, I had
>to make the cop look like an ass in front of his peers........

Good for you on all counts Jason.

You know it's sad when a cop acts like such an ass.  There are enough
legitimate reasons for giving people tickets that go unpunished (like
running red lights for example).  It's *so* stupid for them to give tickets
for stupid stuff and then to lie about it.  Morons.  I still think most
cops are good cops and trying hard to do a difficult and dangerous job.

As usual it's handful of dumbasses that make it hard for everyone
else.  Like street racing makes trouble for lots of innocent car
enthusiasts.  Heh.  And if you want to combine the two, there is some bone
head police captain here in Houston that is in hot water here for ordering
arrests of lots of totally innocent folks when a street racing bust
fissiled (there wasn't any street racing going on).

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>