QR25DE Oil Consumption

Lee Koloszyc nx2kracer@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:04:12 -0500

My Spec V (one of the first in this area) used to burn oil, burned a quart
every 1500 miles right up until the 10,000 mile oil change.  I am at 12,500
now and it hasn't burned a drop and I drive the car fairly hard too.  Quite
a long break in period. Supposedly they have fixed it.  The paint is kind
cheap, no doubt you have read about the millions of rock chips, my 91 NX had
less before I rolled it:)  I have one rattle only when the sunroof is open
that I haven't tracked down yet.  Those are my only problems.  But I don't
regret my decision buying it, it is a blast to drive, especially at the
limit on a race track.  If I were you I would definantly wait until later
this year and pick up a 2003, all the bugs should be worked out in that car.

Lee