Spec V throttle problem ?!?

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:28:29 -0500

With regards to your message, where you stated:
>Subject: Spec V throttle problem ?!?
>Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:53:50 -0500

>A friend of mine has a Spec V.
>He's my lapping buddy, we go once or twice a week for
>double 20 min sessions.

>Last week on tuesday night, for the first time he experienced
>lag in the throttle.

>He was about at the 10th lap of his first session and when he stepped
>on the throttle, experienced lag, like having no power for a few seconds
>until it came back.

>He was fully engaged and it was not because of a shit.
>I was wondering if something could be wrong with the throttle by wire ...

>Does anyone have an idea ?
>He hasnt reproduced the problem, but it still worries him a little.

>Chris
I went on a long road trip about a month ago, and at one point had EXACTLY
the same problem.
It turned out to be a bad tank of gas. Once I burned most of it off and
refilled with good gas it worked fine again.
It seems the ECU is really good at preventing knock, by controlling advance
and fuel flow.
But in doing this you lose power in a BIG way.
Still, it's better than a blown engine!

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!