3M window weld and Cure Time

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:35:12 -0500

> Well, I don't doubt that it works better, but isn't 94 pretty stout
> stuff?  Wouldn't we be able to hear his sunglasses compartment rattle
> from here?

On my 98 SE, it simply made my car feel of higher build quality since the
engine was now well held in place. When I did this the car was just over 2
years old, so it may not have had all the rattles those with older cars
could have. But I loved it and am going to use it again in a few weeks on my
92. We shall see how she does....

> Do they ship to Quebec (not Chris' email address)?

No clue.

> Yuck.  One of the nice things we've heard about Windo Weld is that it
> *doesn't* pour.

Window Weld is very easy to use. It is tar-like and you can easily fill
spaces with it. For those that don't know, it comes in goo-gun packaging.

I used 3M weld on my NX2000 mounts. After several weeks I couldn't even tell
it was there anymore because I could feel my engine moving around. My Sentra
was good for at least a year. After that the urethane on the passenger side
trans mount worked its way out of the mount, so the motor started to move a
bit more, but not quite as much as the NX.

On my 410k mile Toyota Celica, the mounts were basically destroyed. I used
3M weld to repair them and it was a night and day difference and still is
two or so months later.

Here is my recommendation- for repair torn/worn motor mounts, 3M weld is a
good choice if you vibrations scare you to death. If you want "racing"
mounts as an alternative to ES inserts, JWT or PR mounts, with torn/worn
mounts or not, use the 94 shore urethane.

Ben Davis
92 Sentra SE-R
DIY proponent