3M window weld and Cure Time

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:43:08 -0500

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 08:41:11AM -0500, Ben Davis wrote:

> Use 94 shore urethane from McMaster-Carr instead. It sets MUCH faster than
> 3M window weld, and, from my experience, works better than the 3M weld. Just

Well, I don't doubt that it works better, but isn't 94 pretty stout
stuff?  Wouldn't we be able to hear his sunglasses compartment rattle
from here?  Sorry, that's a B15 joke; if you don't drive a B15, you may
or may not know what we're talking about...I'm sure other platforms have
their own particular noise-makers.

> go to www.mcmaster.com , type in part number 8644K18, and order it. You will

Do they ship to Quebec (not Chris' email address)?

> need to use duct tape or plastc wrap on one side of your mounts because this
> stuff pours. Just mix up the two ingredients and pour.

Yuck.  One of the nice things we've heard about Windo Weld is that it
*doesn't* pour.

> They will be ready to install the next morning. The 3M stuff (with no
> ovening) takes many days to full harden.

Well, the point of using the oven is to accellerate this because he
wants it to be done under no uncertain terms within hours of work start.

(Here I sit, just wishing JWT or PR had followed through with real motor
mounts that aren't the same color as Bozo's hair.)

--
-=|JP|=-               Good, Fast, Cheap; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |