What's the big deal with coilovers?!

Robert Legere rlegere@snet.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:10:52 -0500

Note: High pressure gas struts have a spring rate of their own.  What it is
depends on the pressure of the gas in the strut.  That is why they go back
up when you push them down.  It is usually only a few pounds per inch.

*****I don't know what the pressurization is on the AGX's, but I recall
that KYB GR-2's used to be around 80 psi and KYB Gas-A-Just shocks were 180
or so. Placing a set of these shocks on a Pathfinder raised it almost 1/2",
so don't underestimate the strength of the gas pressure. I ran AGX's back
when they first came out on my B13 with stock springs and the car was
raised noticeably. I later switched to my custom-wound 275/225 rally
springs and had to trim them down a bit, the car sat too high.

Bob