HotShot Questions

Brax Sisco xenex@chpl.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:31:52 -0500

  I have just received my HotShot header and have a couple of questions
that the archives don't seem to answer (or that I couldn't find).
First, I *think* I have received a G4, but it could be a G3.  I'd just
like to know which it is.  I can say that it came with only the
primary/secondary copper gasket, and has no "HotShot" markings on it.

  Second, on installation, I am wondering where to use / not use the
copper gasket goo.  I believe the head/manifold should be gasket only
(Nissan Part # 14036-53J00) and the copper HotShot gasket SHOULD use the
goo.  On the secondary/cat, I have the Nissan gasket (# 20692-65J00).
This is a strange gasket, looks like four pieces of metal stuck
together, and honestly, it looks leak-prone to me.  Do I use the goo on
this one or not?  I notice that the header install notes on se-r.net do
not mention the copper goo at all...

Thanks,

  Brax Sisco
  '97 200sx SE-R w/ Stuff