300/200 springs, shocks, advice.

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 06:50:14 -0600

In several places, a spring rate of 300/200 (front/rear) is recommended
... with corner weights (also well-documented) being what they are, no
problem so far.

On to the problem, the area I live in has some really great roads, and a
bunch of poorly maintained back roads ... (little twisty, hilly things)
that you can usually take at 60-90, and have a lot of good, wholesome
fun.   I'd like to set up my spring rate just like a Mike's po-boy
setup, but I don't think I want to lower the car at all, just get rid of
any vestige of body roll or 3 wheeling.  The stock shocks are still in
decent shape, I'll change out for those AGX shocks in the next year or
so, but the springs are killing me right now.  Can I get stiffer springs
that maintain the same ride height?  As well, should I not even consider
this without a new pair of shocks?

--
Peter "Po-boy '92 SE-R" Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.