Dyno day at Rosen Autosport

Ivan Chou ichou@sdf.lonestar.org
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:58:22 -0600

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Aguilar, Reese wrote:

> How did things go?  Details, man.  We want details...

It went well, the weather was great, and there was a nice turnout.  I got
there around 10:45 am, and the first car had just gone up, a 92 SE-R.
Then a group of 240SXs, a list member's stock M Roadster (~246 whp, I
think I can still hear that engine), a Z24, and an MR2 Spyder (~120 whp).

After that went all the SR20's, ranging from 112 whp (stock '98? SE) to
146 whp (Eric Roper's S3'd NX).  I got a satisfactory 137 whp, 122 lb-ft.
with: '93 high-port 4th gear run, PR CAI, Hotshot G2, Stromung b-pipe,
Brullen straight-thru, JWT ECU 17 deg.  I immediately made an 2nd run with
one of my exhaust outlets plugged and it made no appreciable difference,
same whp and 2 lb-ft less torque.  This was confirmed at the drag strip a
few years ago when I left that thing in.  This goes to show the muffler
area isn't the greatest place to free some HP for your basic bolt-on SR20.
Bill Conner's '93 got I think 133 whp with CAI, HS G3, JWT ECU, pulleys
and stock catback on a 3rd gear run.

There was also a teal B14 turbo, bumper-mounted intercooler with VA plates
"10 PSI", which looked like it was in for service -- who's is this?

>From the Mid-Atlantic list I met Bill Conner and Eric Roper, everyone else
seemed to be from the SR20DE forum.  I took a few pictures and will have
them up shortly.  I want to thank Eric Rosen and his guys for hosting and
supporting the SE-R community, and to the SR20DE Forum guys for setting
this one up.

Ivan - '93 SE-R / '95 Maxima SE
http://ichou.freeshell.org/se-r.html