B14turbo hatred

edo@power.net edo@power.net
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:58:25 -0600

> I haven't been following closely, but I did notice one thing. Jay H had
> that car turbo for some time, not taking it easy on it at all,
> attempting to blow the motor to build it in some cases. You bought the
> car, and suddenly the engine dies, and there are problems with the
> second one. (Again I don't know specifics.)

Not to be an ass either, but you are making a tremendous assumption. You
said it, you don't know specifics - so, don't make light of an issue you
know little of. For example, the engine just didn't suddenly die. It spun a
bearing at a track event. Did I cry about it? No, I was fine - comes with
the territory.

> Maybe the problem is the nut behind the wheel and not the car or the
> shop? I'm not trying to be an ass, just making an observation from where
> I sit. Just a thought.

You're entitled to your thoughts. Again, its so easy for people to comment
on this issue. This is to be expected - I welcome them, positive and
negative. I'm not trying to win anyone over, but Jay - you've really taken a
cheap shot. You don't even know me or the circumstances. By calling me a
nut - you've in turn insulted those who've provided their expertise,
suggestions and direction.

> I've always said that if you don't know how to fix it yourself, you have
> no business driving a turbo car that was never meant to be turboed.

Thanks reverend Stewart - you can step off the pedestal and keep the snotty
attitude. What entitles you to pass judgement? Seriously, this holier than
thou crap is utter bull. Again, you missed the point of my entire plight.
What happened to supporting members of SERCA and SE-R owners for the
betterment of the cause?

If you're ever in NorCal or SoCal, let me know - I'd like the opportunity to
buy you lunch or a drink. We can laugh about this in a jovial manner. I'm
done ranting, its over. I felt the need to let everyone know, since only a
few were privy. The car will be returned to stock and for available for
purchase.

-Ron