3" Custom Exhaust 200SX

Thomas Reynolds fthomasr@bellsouth.net
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:03:50 -0600

This past Tuesday I took 4 mandrel 90's, 2 - 45's, a resonator, and a
Magnaflow offset/center 18" polished muffler to the only exhaust shop that
would touch it around, only problem is that it's an hour away. Oh well.

I pick it up after normal shop hours so I didn't get to check it out. I
drive off and immediately notice a vibration/sound in the trunk area over
small bumps. Today I finally had a chance to crawl under and try to find the
problem. I found that where the exhaust goes over the rear beam (actually
the beam actuating arm) I only have 1 inch clearance with the car unloaded.
I jump in with an assistant observing and all of a sudden with me, *just me*
in the car, the clearance goes from 1 inch to less than an 1/8 of an inch.
James jumps in the pass side or back seat and it touches.

I am calling for ANYONE and EVERYONE who has a 3" mandrel bent exhaust on a
B14 to please send me pic(s) of exactly how *your* exhaust goes over the
beam. The reason I ask is because my muffler guy is going to say that is the
only way it could be done, and I will have to live with it. I want to be
armed and ready when I talk to him.

Please, run out and take a few pics if you don't have any already. If you
come to the convention I will personally thank you.

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo
Albany, GA