3" Custom Exhaust 200SX

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:26:23 -0600

> I am calling for ANYONE and EVERYONE who has a 3"
> mandrel bent exhaust on a
> B14 to please send me pic(s) of exactly how *your*
> exhaust goes over the
> beam.

***I think this should help:

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL52/468326/586843/6707701.jpg

This is the mandrel bent system that Andreas Miko
makes for B14s. They key to getting is to clear
correctly under the chassis in the rear is to have the
suspension loaded, as if it were on the ground.

For example, you want the car to be placed on a lift
that you have to drive onto, rather than the type that
lifts the car up under the frame rails.

Using the above mentioned lift will simulate the
clearances available when the car is on the ground.
The guys at the muffler shop probably used the other
type of lift that left a great deal of clearance while
they were making the exhaust, but not much clearance
when the car was lowered to the ground.

If the above pic does not help, I have my old exhaust
lying in the garage floor right now. I can take a pic
of it for you if necessary.

Also, it might be helpful if you can take a pic of
your exhaust on the car and send it to me or send me a
link. I can tell you what needs to be done to
alleviate the problem.

I hope the guys at the shop are prepared to buy you a
couple of mandrel bends, since they screwed up.

Good luck,

=====
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL