Spec-V vs Matrix

Mark Holden mark@vectorworld.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:21:44 -0600

>>I dont know what you would call it.. its not a mini van
>>or a wagon.. More like a 4 door hatch Like the Protege 5.

The Protege 5 is a wagon, the Matrix is a wagon, the
Impreza WRX Wagon is a wagon.  At least Subaru has
the balls to call it what it is.

>Look at it this way, it's cheap because GM had a hand in
>developing it.

Obviously not too much in the engine department.  The
concept of a GM engine that could produce 100hp/l just
generates fits of laughter for me.

>A similar model/platform will be marketed as the Pontiac Vibe.

The Vibe is basically supposed to be the "ricy" version
from the factory, isn't it?  Can't be worse than the Aztec,
can it?

>To make it worse, Pontiac is still deciding whether to
>keep the "GT-R" moniker for the upscale trim. (fender
>flares, aggressive cladding)

Yeah.  Notice that Mitu wasn't this stupid when they
brought the "GTO" to the US.  They renamed it the GT3000.
Some names you don't mess with.

>If that doesn't change your mind, don't buy a Nissan :)

Well, if they offered the 180hp Matrix in 4WD, I might
just overlook that Pontiac faux-pas, but as it stands,
I'm picking up one of the aforementioned wagons, the
Suby WRX, later this month.  Sadly, I think this will
trigger the sale of my long-beloved Classic.

-Mark Holden
'93 Superblack Classic, 96K, ES Susp/Shift/Torque, JWT
PP, Tokikos, PR CAI, needs bodywork.  Make offer?  *sob*

Sent via VectorWorld.Com Webmail Interface