What causes CV joints to go bad?

LDMartin LDMartin" <LDMartin@email.msn.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:54:44 -0600

> So it was a bad idea to let mine go out to that bar when ever they wanted?
> Ah crap I knew it would end up biting me in the ass one day.

Not the anti-roll bar!!!  You should have known.  That's a bad neighborhood.
Hanging with that crowd could put dampers on their development and
contribute to bad bearing.  Then it's just a matter of time till they become
adults of low caliper.  Before you know it they will bolt from home and grip
their own pads and we all know what can happen there.  They'll get some
chick in the rack, mate that tie rod between their legs with a bushing and
then the situation will be completely out of alignment.  I tell you it's not
easy to raise a young CV.

Larry Martin, wishing he had read the rest of the posts on this thread..or
maybe not.