Boost Controller...

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:31:03 -0600

"brian@UnXplodedBomb.com" wrote:

> Would it be a bad idea to set my WG to about 10psi for normal street driving
> and NOT have my boost controller on? When I want to switch to high boost
> mode I could just power on the controller which would be set to say 14psi.
> Or should I just use the boost controller and adjust it when need be?

Not nowing what type of WG you are talking about thats hard to say.
For a stock internal waste gate turbo a boost controller will make
some difference even set at the same boost level.

The stock diagphram is going to open the WG progressively until it
reaches full boost.  Where the boost controller will keep the WG
closed longer helping boost build quicker.

The only thing turning it off will give you over just turning it up
is you wont have to mark where 10 is v. 14.  It will allow you to
quickly change.  Plus I've found that I don't change mine much at
all.  Only time I go lower then 14 is when its when and I want to
help w/ traction.  I turn the boost controller off then I'm at 6psi.

RK