Boost Controller...

brian@UnXplodedBomb.com brian@unxplodedbomb.com
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:11:57 -0600

I purchased an HKS EVC EZ boost controller brand new from someone who
decided not to turbo his car, after he already purchased the unit. It sells
for around $330 and I paid $150 for it, so I couldnt pass that up.

The thing I noticed is that it does not have a Hi/Low switch like the Greddy
Profec B. You can only "dial in" one setting at a time.

I'm still piecing together my turbo, but I'm wondering...

Would it be a bad idea to set my WG to about 10psi for normal street driving
and NOT have my boost controller on? When I want to switch to high boost
mode I could just power on the controller which would be set to say 14psi.

Or should I just use the boost controller and adjust it when need be?

Thanks,

Brian Carvalho
'00 G20t (still modding)