speedvision world challenge

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:41:11 -0600

On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 00:04, George Roffe wrote:

> Care to sponsor someone? :-)

Hey, I'd crew...

> The 200SX is lighter.  The classic does have a better
> suspension.  But...   But the 200SX has a stiffer chassis.

Shocking!  Isn't the cage welded, though?  Looking at the March 2001 SCC
(I read it for the articles, not the pictures, okay?), it would appear
that your starting chassis strength wouldn't matter much once the cage
was in.  The fact that the 200SX is lighter than a Classic still
suprises me.  What about using a P instead of a B, though?

> Not a bad estimate for a budget effort.  Roger Foo's car is for sale for
> $25,000.

What a ripoff!  According to same SCC article, it was built for $12k.
I'm sure there were creative omissions in the article, and he may be
throwing in some things (like tires) with the sale, but I'd rather build
my own! ;)

> >When watching the races, I wasn't too impressed with the driving.

> ROTFLMAO!  They are worse than the rednecks at the local dirt tracks.

I haven't seen this series yet.  I look forward to it, though.  I
recently got Speedvision, and it's fun, but I don't think I'll be able
to afford to keep it much longer.

> How about crewing until you're out of school? :-)

I'm not in school, but I have a family to feed.  Can we work somethin'
out? ;)

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |