Engine Diag Results

Matthew Kogan mkogan@ma.ultranet.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:35:55 -0500

Well,

I finally got the car to Run Properly!!!  Yeah!

Turns out I must have had a few loose connectors, cause disconnecting and
reconnecting fixed things.

The issue was that the CPU was stuck in a "Safe Mode" which Fires all
injectors on Every Engine Cycle.  Once I "fixed" the loose connections it
seemed to run OK for about 30 seconds then it stalled and the Fuel pump
didn't seem to work anymore.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out when I was working with the CPU to get the codes I somehow pulled
one wire, the shortest wire out of the connector.  You guessed it, the Fuel
Pump wire.  So I fixed that and she started right up no problem.

However I still did not have any Temp reading on the gauge, so a put Another
new connector on, still nothing, then I switched the sensor from the old
engine to the new engine and Walla! The gauge is now working!!!!!!!!!

So, aside from putting the hood on and keeping my fingers crossed, I think I
am finally done!

Now to start on rebuilding the old engine into a 200hp NA engine!!!!!!!!

Matthew Kogan
mkogan@ma.ultranet.com