EGR solenoid connections

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:33:16 -0600

Jay Whitely wrote:

>If you are not running EGR, do you need hook up any of
>the vacuum lines to the EGR/charcoal cannister purge
>solenoid?
    <snip>
>I remember George Roffe writing about the proper way
>to hook up the solenoid, but I cannot find it in the
>archives.

I'm not sure if it's in the archives.

Here is what I wrote for my SCC article:

Connecting the charcoal canister is only slightly tricky.  We retained the
solenoid from the SR20DE we removed and installed it on the SR20DET.  The
large hose from the canister should connect to a fitting on the side of the
intake manifold, just past the throttle body.  The smaller vacuum hose from
the canister should connect to the fitting on the side of the
solenoid.  Run a small vacuum hose from the bottom of the solenoid to the
remaining open vacuum fitting on the throttle body that is just below the
butterfly.  The remaining fitting on the solenoid is connected to a vacuum
line running between the solenoid and the intake piping.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>