EGR solenoid connections

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 22:42:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am installing a JDM Primera motor into a 1994 low
port Sentra SE-R.  I will not be using any of the EGR
system b/c I do not have a high port manifold to swap
over.

If you are not running EGR, do you need hook up any of
the vacuum lines to the EGR/charcoal cannister purge
solenoid?  Do the vacuum lines on this solenoid only
go to EGR related parts? IS this solenoid require for
proper function of the charcoal cannister?

I have left the solenoid plugged in in order to avoid
an MIL.

I remember George Roffe writing about the proper way
to hook up the solenoid, but I cannot find it in the
archives.

Thanks a lot,

=====
Jay Whitely