Centerforce clutch issues

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 22:47:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello again,

I have installed a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
into a 1994 SE-R. I also installed a brand new OEM
Nissan clutch cable. When I went to put the end of the
cable on the clutch lever on the tranny, I had a very
hard time getting enough slack in the cable to hook it
onto the lever.  With a lot of muscle and a lot of
cursing, I finally got it on. But, even without the
clutch pedal depressed, there is tension on the cable
and the throwout bearing is contacting the pressure
plate fingers.

I have noticed with JWT clutches, I have *too much*
slack in the cable and I have to cut a few threads
off. With this clutch, I am having the opposite
problem. It seems the cable is not long enough!

Anyways, I am wondering if the problem is with the
clutch or the fact that the cable is brand new and not
stretched out at all.

Thanks,

=====
Jay Whitely