Camber adjustments

Ben Baird ben@polycore-usa.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 16:11:13 -0500

I have never been able to find competent alignment shops where I live, so
I'm trying to do some of the work myself.  Is it possible to adjust camber
on a B13 without affecting the toe?  I know there is more room for
adjustment in the strut mounting points front and rear.  I should be able to
get at least -1.5* with my current setup (AGX's and Hypercoil2 springs,
about 1-1.25 inch lower than stock).  My question is can I tilt the top of
the struts inward without effecting toe?  My thought was to jack up the car
loosen the top nuts and push them inward retighten.  Then lower the bottom
two bolts at the hubs and pull the bottom of the strut outward and
retighten.  This way adding negative camber while having the opposing end of
the strut locked in place as to not change toe.  I know the toe adjusting
points are the tierod ends (front) and lateral links (rear) and do not want
to mess with these points or hub orientation.  Is what I am thinking even
possible?  It's hard enough getting a shop to set toe at 0 that I would
rather have them set it once and forget about it.  Any done this before or
have a better way of doing this.  This is my daily driver so I was
thinking -1.5* negative camber with 0 toe front and -1to -1.25* camber with
0 to 1/8" toe in on the back.  Does this sound about right?

Ben H. Baird
'91 SE-R
'92 SE-R