NASA on Super2nr TV Saturday on TNN

Matt MA MA@legacypartners.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 16:29:22 -0500

Brit - You hit it right on the dot. The show had too much fluff, not enough
substance.
I don't mind so much that they only spent one show on this SE-R vs. Civic
shootout,
but they could've edited it much better in order to tell a real story. Without
seeing
the lap times throughout the heats, the viewer is left clueless as to how each
team
is doing. There is little suspense or drama. It was kind of vague exactly who
the
competitors were and what kind of cars/mods they had. The show is also not
very
clear on how some cars DNF'd; how that could've changed the outcome; and
what role the alternate cars played. I think these are all very interesting
storylines.

The lame "gang fight" turned out to be quiet funny.

matt ma . 92 SE-R

>>> BluDragon21@lycos.com 05/05/03 02:11PM >>>
  I thought the show was really lame.  First off, they should've split the
coverage into two shows.  Then they should've introduced all the drivers and
cars and then covered it much like a real race coverage providing lap times.
They would have the introduction and first heat on the first show, and the
last two heats and results during the second show.  Doing the show this way
would've built some suspense and given the viewer a better idea of how the
cars actually performed.
  Secondly, who are those two goons hosting this show.  Looks to me as though
TNN decided to get a couple of rice boy wanna be brothas for the show.  I was
cracking up every time they talked.
  Lastly, I don't know if they really should've had the euro tuner portion of
the show at all.  I think it just kinda took away from the main focus of the
show.  What I think would've been cool is if they had gotten a couple tv crews
together to follow one "project" car from both teams and they followed the
progress of the car until it hit the track for the showdown.  That would've
been cool.  just my .02

Brit Conner