Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Tires?

George Roffe G_Roffe@big-a.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:18:45 -0600

Carsten Elmegerd [mailto:Carsten.Elmegaard@EMTScenter.com] wrote:

> We were 4 different drivers and none of us were able to drive the 520's
> to better times on wet tracks

Really?  Wow.  Well, I don't have track times, so I'm only going on feel.
Then again, what feels good isn't always fastest.

> but on dry tracks it was VERY good! :o) -
> They also lost a lot of grip when they were "half way down" and they
> couldn't hold as many laps as the other tires.

I had forgotten about that.  Yes, I also noticed that the grip of the tires
was reduced once worn about half way down.  Thanks for reminding me.

> Maybe there is a difference in the compound from Europe to USA.

That is always possible, but I don't know how likely.

> Or else maybe we are not so skilled. (None of us are professionals) :o)

Hehe.  I'm far from professional too.  Besides, I don't run into people as
much as professionals do. :-P

George Roffe
Professional Monkey