SV: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Tires?

Carsten Elmegård Carsten.Elmegaard@EMTScenter.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:49:54 -0600

Hey George,

We were 4 different drivers and none of us were able to drive the 520's
to better times on wet tracks, but on dry tracks it was VERY good! :o) -
They also lost a lot of grip when they were "half way down" and they
couldn't hold as many laps as the other tires. Maybe there is a
difference in the compound from Europe to USA. Or else maybe we are not
so skilled. (None of us are professionals) :o)

But the S-03 and the FK 451 are made of two-component rubber so as they
get more and more "down" the compound changed and they could keep the
good grip for many more laps.

I myself drive on FK 451 because they are cheaper than all the other
tires we were testing(Dunlop, Continental, Goodyear, Pirelli, Yokohama,
Bridgestone) and because they are very resistant to my driving style
(fast) I have been driving 30.000 km (215/35-18) on 'em now and they can
drive another summer!

C U Carsten