SV: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Tires?

Carsten Elmegård Carsten.Elmegaard@EMTScenter.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:50:31 -0600

He he he can I be a Professional Monkey too!?*LOL* - Anyway you have A
LOT of track experience, so you are most likely better then the 4 of us
who were testing the tires, so maybe you can handle the 520 better than
us. Because one thing I paid attention to as well was, that the "line"
between grip and NO grip was much thinner/closer on the 520 than on any
of the other tires which was much easier to drive on the edge because it
was easier to feel when they couldn't go faster without loosing it!?
(Hope you can understand my English I'm in lack of a lot of technical
words here I can see*LOL* :o) ).

> Really?  Wow.  Well, I don't have track times, so I'm only going on
feel.
> Then again, what feels good isn't always fastest.

Hmmmmm you are right (I have tried that with HP ;o) ) - But I think it
also depends on what style the driver has! I bet that some other drivers
are able to get much more out of the 520 than we could. But that of
course doesn't change the bad grip when they get worn! :o)

> the grip of the tires was reduced once worn about half way down

Worn that was the word I was looking for thanx!!*LOL* ;o)

Carsten Elmegerd
Professional Monkey Assistant*LOL*