A few what's-the-trick questions

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:10:10 EST 2017

1) how do you get the window crank back on to stay? I have temporarily
misplaced my FSm and can't look it up there.

2) I reaaaaally want to get my second trunk torsion bar reconnected,
because it is a pain to get the trunk open otherwise. Last time I tried,
years ago, I put a new home in (the spring plate on my original hinge was
hopelessly deformed) got it in with difficulty, only to have it pop out
again. I suspect it is going to involve me lying in the trunk with the lid
mostly closed and using vice grips on the torsion bar to get it seat, the
name praying it stays.

3) is there an easy way to lube the hood cable? It doesn't make sense to
lube it from the dash (downhill) side, and at the latch the latch body is
in the way. I can't even see the end of the cable housing, never mind get a
nozzle in there.

Thanks,
David