14" tires

Jay P dbax_fan at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 01:14:12 EST 2017

If you can find them the BFG G-Force Super Sports are really good. My daily driver is a 2000 Corolla that still has 14s. I'm on my second set of the BFGs and have been happy with them. I also had them on my SE-R before I had to put it in storage :(It is getting damn near impossible to find good 14s though. Upgrading to 15s or 16s might be the easiest thing to do.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 13:56, David Pertuz<d.pertuz at gmail.com> wrote:   At one point it looked like you could get a BFG G-Force Super Sport A/S in 185/60-14, but despite what any listing says, they're not actually available anywhere in that size. They do show up on Discount Tire's site in 195/60-14, but I'm skeptical of that, too. That would have been perfectly good for my wants.

I do see that Falken is available in a 195. While I am sticking with snow/non-snow tire setup for the car (though I have to deal with replacing two of the snows on it, too - plenty of choices, but an extra annoyance) getting a tire like the Falken more or less requires that I have something else for December - February.

Otherwise you're left with something like the General Altimax RT43, which seems fine for what it is...just isn't what I'd like. Boo. I just dismounted and disposed of a set of dry-rotted Dunlop D60A2s (remember those?) Good tire. The woman at the tire store remembered them, too.

David