what is everyone driving now

DOUGLAS HALEY dfhaley at snet.net
Mon Jul 28 11:57:09 EDT 2014

My '91 SE-R was a great car for me and my family.  It eventually went to another lister when the brake lines rusted and burst on me, coming down a big hill.  I bought all the replacement lines, but never got around to replacing them.  After it sat in my garage for a year, I posted it here and I think it went to a good home and may still be running around on a racetrack somewhere.  It had about 176,000 miles on it.  Had been perfect until my daughter took it to college in New Hampshire for 3 years.  That did it no favors!  But she too remembers it fondly as her first car.  She and I went together to the Bondurant 3-day high performance driving school, so she was not afraid to drive it as it should be driven.

I replaced it with a Miata, followed by an Audi TT, a Mercedes SLK, and a Nissan 370Z.  Currently my daily driver is a 2001 Audi S4 Avant -- Imola Yellow, so I can't speed without getting undue attention.