Redline trans oil change intervals; cat dimensions; JWT header

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 8 23:07:53 CDT 2012

On 8/8/2012 9:50 AM, David Pertuz wrote:
> What change intervals have those of you using Redline trans oil been
> using? My SE-R has had MT90 in it for ages - such an improvement in
> winter over the regular stuff! - but after I finish replacing the rod

It's probably good for darn near forever. My Mom has a 2003 BMW that
claims to have "lifetime" ATF and differential gear oil. I called BS on
that and changed them. Sent those and engine oil samples to Blackstone
Labs. They said the original ATF was still good at 83k miles, and the
engine oil was marginal at 15k and suggested 10 or 12k changes.

> Also, do any of you have an OE cat handy whose length you can measure?
> My original cat was ripped off around the time I moved here and I will

You can probably go to your FLAPS ask them to pull one off the shelf.
It's a pretty common piece, used across multiple cars. I've gone into
AutoZone with a bathroom scale to find the lightest battery I could buy ;)

> Finally, in a perfect world I would love to get my hands on another JWT
> header secondary section - the cat thieves cut mine between the flex
> pipe and the flange. I know these have not been made in years due to
> cheap made-in-China copies. I am reluctant to support that kind of
> business (the cheap copies) but I would also love to keep my header

Can't help you there. But [sadly] the cheap import ones are VASTLY
superior quality to the others I've seen. I can think of a couple people
that will slam me for saying that. But'cha know what -- I PAID for two
HotShot headers, and they were shit quality that cracked and leaked. If
I still had a car to install one on - IMO, I've paid the original vendor
for their R&D [twice!], and even IF it is a ripped-off design, I'd go
that way and not lose any sleep.

-Wayne