Redline trans oil change intervals; cat dimensions; JWT header

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:50:47 CDT 2012

What change intervals have those of you using Redline trans oil been using?
My SE-R has had MT90 in it for ages - such an improvement in winter over
the regular stuff! - but after I finish replacing the rod bearings and
fixing the exhaust and replacing the rear brakes, replacing the brake fluid
and trans oil seems like a good idea since they've been in there for quite
a while. But I probably won't replace the MT90 (or maybe it's MTL, I don't
remember which is correct) if I don't have to. The car won't get driven a
lot since I don't drive a lot these days and it's my #2 or #3 car.

Also, do any of you have an OE cat handy whose length you can measure? My
original cat was ripped off around the time I moved here and I will have a
local shop fab new exhaust sections; the car doesn't have to get emissions
testing, but I'd still like to put a test pipe in between the header
secondary and B-pipe in case I ever need to put one back in. Just seems
like a good insurance policy.

Finally, in a perfect world I would love to get my hands on another JWT
header secondary section - the cat thieves cut mine between the flex pipe
and the flange. I know these have not been made in years due to cheap
made-in-China copies. I am reluctant to support that kind of business (the
cheap copies) but I would also love to keep my header instead of putting
the OE exhaust back on. Anyone got one in the midwest?

David
Chicago