Current make/model successors to B13

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 00:29:29 CDT 2012

Hey Ivan, good question.....   The normal Mini (non-S) might fit that bill of the 510 SER classic replacement.  The 2002 was not inexpensive in the day.  I am drawn to the Genesis Turbo Coupe lately....  Might have to get one of those.  But they are 20 some odd k so not econo.  Though even the current SER is expensive in an average Joe sense.  I like the MazdaSpeed3.  Great car.  Nice power and I love rthe bulging flares and they handle great.  The Volvo C30 T5 is way cool too though a little soft (would have to go to IPD i think).  I had a couple 510's back in the day.  A guy in around Portland OR still vintage races my last one (Teal green and silver 1968 caged 4dr).  I rescued another 510 about 5 years back and still have it in the shop under a layer of dust.  Have a NA SR20 drive-train ready to drop in but I need about 6k in body work....   Need to work a trade with my bro-inlaw and build him a mini engine for his 1967 S so he will repair and paint the dime.  There are plenty of cars out there that I would consider having right now.  Shortage in cash and storage space is the limiting factor.  Heh heh heh.  Current project is a 1967 Ford Bronco for my Step Dad.  5.0 out of a 1997 Exploader with the auto too.  Making a bunch of upgrades to make it more driver friendly.  The vehicle was my late Father's so it is a sentimental build for the family and my Step-Dad is a great guy too boot.... He drives a 1991 SER too!  so in retrospect....   The Plain modern Mini is the new econo-rocket

Cheers everyone!
Erik