Oil seal on block at filter mount?

Jim Wright wrightj at apple.com
Fri Nov 4 11:56:47 CDT 2011

Hey all.  I don't have the FSM handy to verify, thought I'd ping the list.  I've just picked up an oil block adapter to relocate the stock filter on the SR20DE.  Here's the unit I have:  http://www.frsport.com/index.php?target=products&mode=details&product_id=2572

It takes the place of the standard filter mount, which unbolts from the block.  The instructions indiate to reuse or replace the existing oil seal, does anyone know what this part is, or if there even is a separate seal?  I was originally thinking it would just need some gasket compound when installing, and if there's a separate seal, reusing a 20 year old seal doesn't seem to make sense.

Anyone ever install a piece like this, or know about the seal in question?

Jim