LeMons - Brakes

Grover Pickering groverpickering at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:51:58 CDT 2009

I used to use Hawk Blues back when we could get them.  I think I've used one
set of Carbotech (not sure).

The LeMons car has NX brakes on it.  And, the car is about 500 lbs lighter
than stock.  I don't expect Brake pads to be a huge issue (like they are in
a sprint race at full speed).

I'm looking into the pads for the race.  My first thought is Carbotech.
But, they are a bit more expensive than I would like to spend.

Also, I'm not planning to swap the brake lines to braided.  Although - I
think it is ok per the rules as this falls under "brake components".   My
worry with something like Carbotechs is that the could transfer way too much
heat to the old system and cause a failure elsewhere.

It seems like other teams have used Raybestos Racing, NAPA Ceramic, Axxis,
EBC, and other store brand ceramic pads are popular.

So, do any of ya'll use off the shelf pads for lapping/HPDE days that seem
to work fine.

Once again, most of the race is 7/10-8/10.  So, I don't think we need a full
on race pad.

Thoughts?

Grover