racing helmet

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Mon Aug 24 10:05:23 CDT 2009

Wayne Cox, <wc701lists at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Last I knew of it was an
"SA" rating for road race that was supposed to protect better in
multiple impacts.
They only testing difference between the M and the SA rating is an extra anvil test. It does NOT mean SA will protect better than M necessarily.
>Unfortunately, last I saw SA
road race helmets were starting around $500
Good SA helmets start at $300. I've had 3 or 4 Bell helmets, a Simpson helmet, and a G-Force. I'd take the G-Force helmet over all the others any day of the week and twice on Sundays. They start at $300 for an SA helmet. Oh, and that is a Kevlar/fiberglass helmet.
>Quite ridiculous. But I understand them opting for a CYA policy rather
than what's best for you.
See my comment about deterioration of the foam. Old helmets are dangerous. They can degrad w/o you even realizing it.